- Can Human Hair Wigs be dyed?
- Do lace front wigs require Glue or Tape?
- How do I keep my wig fresh longer?
- How do I measure my head for a wig?
- How long does a wig last?
- How to choose a Wig Color
- How to store a Wig
- How to style a Human Hair Wig
- How to style a Synthetic Wig
- How to style a Heat Friendly Synthetic Wig
- How to wash a Wig
- How to wear a Wig
- What are the different types of Wig Hair Fibers?
- What is a Capless Wig?
- What is a Lace Front Wig?
- What is a Monofilament top wig?
- What is a Standard or Traditional Top wig?
- What is a Weft?
- What is an Open Wefted Cap?
- What is Perma Tease or Perma Lift?
- What is Remy Human Hair?
- What is a Skin Top?
What are the different types of wig hair fiber?
If you want the ultimate in realism, then human hair is just for you. The cost of human hair products can vary from the quality of the fiber. Regular (non-Remy) human hair wigs have cuticles that have been removed. The more luxurious, Remy human hair wigs have all the "Virgin" hair cuticles facing one direction, providing the ultimate in softness and less tangling. The best thing about human hair? You can style it with heat or have your stylist color it!
Synthetic fiber is more easily cared for and also lower priced. The synthetic fibers can hold a "pre-styled" texture: curly, wavy, or straight. Higher quality synthetic hair wigs are practically impossible to differentiate from human hair. Avoid styling synthetic wigs with heat or chemicals not designed specifically for those fibers.
Want the styling flexibility of human hair combined with the affordability of synthetic hair? Heat-friendly synthetic fibers are the answer! This is an amazing breakthrough in hair technology, where you can style the synthetic fiber with your favorite heat tool (up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit). This is great for the woman on the go, but still wants to customize to fit her style.