It is ok
December 12, 2011
Well, it is called an illusion wig for a reason. I purchased it because the price was affordable and that is excatly the color of my hair. But only the upper tone. I totally cut the lower part off because it is just too full and too unbelievable and a totally different color. I bought the chocolate glaze that is a stacked color. I wish they made that color without the stacking effect, than I would buy all Jon Renau wig in that color. The combination of the top color (the color 24 with a little bit of darker tone) is so very realistic. However the bottom part is so dark, the contrast is huge, unnatural, it does not blend nicely, so the way as it is - it is meant to be a costume wig.
Pros:- OK wig for the price
- nice color if you get rid of the bottom part.
- if you cut the bottom dark part that is underneath and you fix the front ( create bangs) than it could be a nice wig, but takes a long time to prepare
- if you want it to be a more useful wig, it might be better to buy it in regular colors
- it has a lot of hair and waves so if you want volume than this is the wig for you
- I would only recommend it either in the basic color version for individuals who have lots of hair anyway and can pull off this look, or for those who only want to use it for special costume occasion ( so I will check below that I would recommend, but only on those instances)
Cons:- that I can only get this particular color in the illusion collection, and only in stacked version
that it is a stacked color, I wish the whole wig was this color
- I wish they made this color in the more realistic wigs with monofilament
- too long to be believable
- the cap is bigger than the usual Jon Renau and cannot really adjust to fit smaller
- for a woman who has fine European hair it is just too much hair, and a lot of it needs to be taken or cut in order to make it right
- Only buy the stack colors for fun or if you know how to cut out the bottom part, otherwise stick to the basic colors.
- if it had monofilament that could make a huge difference.