Back to nav
- Can Human Hair Wigs be dyed?
- Do lace front wigs require Glue or Tape?
- How do I keep my wig fresh longer?
- How do I measure my head for a wig?
- How long does a wig last?
- How to choose a Wig Color
- How to store a Wig
- How to style a Human Hair Wig
- How to style a Synthetic Wig
- How to style a Heat Friendly Synthetic Wig
- How to wash a Wig
- How to wear a Wig
- What are the different types of Wig Hair Fibers?
- What is a Capless Wig?
- What is a Lace Front Wig?
- What is a Monofilament top wig?
- What is a Standard or Traditional Top wig?
- What is a Weft?
- What is an Open Wefted Cap?
- What is Perma Tease or Perma Lift?
- What is Remy Human Hair?
- What is a Skin Top?
How to wear a wig
First time putting on a wig? We can help you put one on properly. You'll be a pro in no time. Follow these simple steps on applying your wig.
|Wigs should be worn on the natural hairline (for most people it is four finger-widths above the eyebrow).|
|Remove wig from the plastic bag or box. Gently remove the protective hair net from your wig. Give your wig a few good shakes to separate the fibers and give somebody to the hair. Some wigs need to be shaken to release the preset styling.|
|Brush your hair off your face at the top and sides. If your hair is too long, you may want use bobby pins to help keep it off your face, back at the sides, and up at the nape. Some women use a wig liner or wig cap to keep their existing hair in place.|
|Hold your wig at the sides with the woven label in back. Place it at your natural hairline and slide it on from front to back. Adjust the wig as needed so the front edge is just over your natural hairline. Use the ear tabs to center your wig from left to right. Adjust the Velcro tabs in the back if necessary for a more secure fit.|
|Tuck in any stray hairs at the front, sides and nape. Now you're ready for styling!|